“As you call a yacht, it will sail.”
This rule also applies to business. When choosing a company name in Kazakhstan, be sure to pick the right name as it is the first step to success.
The name allows you to distinguish your new legal entity from a huge number of others.
Kazakhstan legislation has a number of restrictions on the company name.
- Kazakhstan does not allow the use of personal names. The exception is using the names of the business owners, or if the names of people that gave permission to use.
- In addition, Kazakhstan forbids to use both the names and trademarks of indications of official names of state bodies established by legislative acts, acts of the President and the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- The company name in Kazakhstan should also not confuse consumers about what activities the legal entity does. For example, company not dealing with grain, cannot use the “grain” or closely related words in its name. The name may reflect the specifics of the business company does.
- At the same time, the use of the word “Kazakhstan” or derivative words (for example, “Kazakhstani”) is allowed.
- If a legal entity is created as a limited liability partnership with foreign participation, an indication of the nationality of its founders may be used. In this case, the names of foreign organizations must be performed with transliteration in the state and Russian languages.
- The name of the created legal entity must not coincide with or be similar to the name of another legal entity. This coincidence may lead to confusion regarding the goods they produce or the services provided. Therefore, the name must be unique.
Changing the company name
If necessary, participants in a legal entity may change the name. This is done by changing the constituent documents and application for re-registration of a legal entity. The consequences of a change in the name will be the replacement of the seal, letterhead, invoices, re-issuance of title documents, licenses, etc.
Needless to say, a it will not change or terminate of any rights and obligations the legal entity has.
Learn more on our blog:
Ready to start?
Submit your inquiry today and our Incorporation consultant will come back to you with advice on how to start: